Tuesday, September 14, 2010

09/14/2010

Yesterday I had surgery to have my port inserted. Everything went as planned. The port is somewhat uncomfortable, mostly the pain is in my neck where the tube was inserted into my vein. The port is directly under the skin in my chest, and will make it easier to administer chemo than a traditional IV. This was one of the scariest parts of the process for me as I have been dreading the port since they first told me about it in early July.
As always, Shane was there by my side throughout the process. I don't know how I would get through the days without such an amazing husband. Chemo will start on Thursday, and then the Komen walk on Sunday. I am hoping to be back to work and somewhat back to normal on Monday!

I look forward to seeing everyone at the Komen walk this weekend.

Much love,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment