Tuesday, March 15, 2011

03/15/2011

Let the healing begin! Despite soreness around my ribs and the consistent pain under my arm, I have hope that my skin will heal quickly and the issues caused by radiation will soon subside. I woke up this morning with the entire radiation "square" around my breast and under my arm soaked through my shirt. This happens a couple times a day, which makes it hard to keep up with laundry (among other things). I think this is probably a bad sign, but i'm hoping they'll be able to nip this in the butt on Friday when I go in for my skin check. I was given Silvadine to help with the "weeping" previously, but it doesn't seem to help. Plus, as soon as I put clothing on the cream transfers to my shirt and the silvadine doesn't stick to my skin. Ah, the pains of healing!! Either way, I know it has to get better rather than worse!

Also an update on the NBCC conference - I have booked my flight!! I will be headed to Washington DC for the conference in April and ready to meet Dr. Dennis Slamon who discovered Herceptin (among hundreds of other amazing people dedicated to finding a cure)!! :-) If you would like to learn more about the conference or NBCC there is information here: www.breastcancerdeadline2020.org

No comments:

Post a Comment