Friday, July 15, 2011

07/15/2011

Its been a while since i've blogged - not because there isn't anything happening in our lives, but more because the things that are happening are positive and not related to our cancer journey. This is all good news!
I've started a new job at Chemeketa Community College which i'm extremely excited about. It has been a good change for me and i'm very confident that I made the right choice in making a career switch right in the middle of my cancer treatment. As you can imagine, that was a very hard decision to make. Shane has graduated and is excited to be working his regular hours again. He's doing great things in the community and itching to utilize everything he has learned over the past 3 years.

Shane and I took a little vacation to California in late June and spent some much needed time relaxing. There was even a day on vacation that I forgot entirely about cancer. It was wonderful. We also took a week off after our vacation to spend time working around the house. We installed a tile backsplash in our kitchen and a drip system in our back yard. It was a lot of work, but the results are great.

Treatment is going good - nothing really to report. We had a slight scare at my last infusion as there was another "lump" found on my cancer side. While the ultrasound was inconclusive, the doctor reassured me that it was not cancer and most likely just scar tissue from surgery. All else is good! My last Herceptin infusion will be September 22nd and my exchange surgery will take place the first week in October. I'm so excited to get the exchange and start feeling like a "real girl" again!

Hope that everyone's summer is going well! Sending love!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment