Thursday, October 6, 2011

10/06/2011

I have good news and bad news....which would you like first?

The good news is that I'm still healing well and I have been released to work on Monday with some slight restrictions with lifting, etc...

The bad news? I received a call this morning that they are closing my clinical trial effective Monday. Yep, no more participants. They might still be able to get me in if I can get everything signed and satisfied by tomorrow. Its so discouraging because I have been following this clinical trial for close to a year now and have been entirely sure that this is the trial that I NEED to be on. Unfortunately, I might be starting my research for a clinical trial all over again. I'm so glad, though that I pursued this with the speed that I did. Both Dr. Luoh and the clinical trial coordinator indicated to me that I had over a year to enroll in the study and that I shouldn't be in such a hurry to get on the roster. I guess I subconsciously knew something that they didn't...or was being pushed by something higher than me to get my enrollment done.

Please keep good thoughts that I'm able to get enrolled and get the drug for the next year before the study closes.

Just found more information on the closing of these trials: http://www.dailymarkets.com/stock/2011/10/05/puma-biotechnology-announces-licensing-agreement-with-pfizer-for-the-development-and-commercialization-of-neratinib-an-investigational-pan-her-inhibitor-closes-55-million-private-placement-and-comp/

No comments:

Post a Comment